Our works cover:
Priority: Prevention of diseases and poverty reduction
KCHN engage in promoting and preventive health delivery. Specifically through:
· Information, Education and Communication. I.E.C/BCC
· Reproductive health / family planning
· Tuberculosis intervention programme
· HIV/AIDS Advocacy, Awareness, Prevention and Support
· Malaria Sensitization and Prevention Programme
· Research, Lobby and Advocacy
· Capacity building of other like minded community based organizations
· Anti-Tobacco and Drug Abuse Advocacy/Lung Cancer
· Mental Health Promotion/Advocacy
· Lifestyle Diseases (like Hypertension, Diabetes, Choler etc
· Optical and Dental Health promotion
We engage right expertise and practices that help prevent malnutrition, including demonstrating effective breast feeding, cultivating and preparing nutritious food, providing food as part of emergency relief efforts, and managing reward-for-work projects to help communities improve infrastructure
Economic empowerment and development
We Support economic activities for self reliance and development.
Sanitation and Environmental Health – KCHN helps communities build and maintain clean water systems and latrines and educates people about good hygiene practice to reduce the risk of illness.
Agriculture and food security
We assist community to produce more food and increase their income while managing their natural resources and preserving the environment for future generations
Education and Research
We promote and facilitate discussion between stakeholders and other members of the community to overcome the barriers to education that can keep families in a cycle of poverty and engage in research that better improve the attainment of our overall objectives.